OD-11 placement

Ställ frågor, diskutera och prata om Sonab och deras produkter.
Ask questions, discuss and talk about Sonab and their products.
starkiller
(30+ posts)
(30+ posts)

OD-11 placement

Post by starkiller »

Am thinking about trying these in the corners of my computer room so am wondering if anyone knows how they would sound..? To put them in the corners would mean a massive restructuring of the room and don't want to undertake it unless the odds of them sounding good are, well, good :lol: :mrgreen:
nazze
(40+ posts)
(40+ posts)

Re: OD-11 placement

Post by nazze »

Hello Creature of the Space Needle :shock:
Sonab OD-11 are very flexible good compact speakers.
I have my OD-11 close to the roof on a bookshelf aiming down/inwards, lying on the side. Sounds nice.
Corners often means bass lift, but it is worth a try.
Well, thats what I guess :geek:
starkiller
(30+ posts)
(30+ posts)

Post by starkiller »

Thanks for the reply! Anyone else? Am currently using a set of Naim Intro's as my computer room did not lend itself well to a pair of stand-mount speakers. I tried KEF, B&W, Mission, Tannoy, GResearch, Green Mountain, Axiom, Rega and ADS and they just didn't sound good. Decided to try a pair of the Intro's as i had to bunch to trade in by then as you no doubt could surmise, and found them very nice. Tall and slim they did not take up much room and sounded much better then the others. Redoing the computer room has me hip-deep in 2,000+ Lp's, 2,000+ cds, 200-300 books..not to mention the stereo rack, computer desk and an Ikea gorum rack....not alot of room going on so if i could get some tips on where the Sonabs SHOULD sound good i will try them before putting the Intro's back into the system.

Sorry for the long post :)
starkiller
(30+ posts)
(30+ posts)

Post by starkiller »

No other thoughts?
Russ
(200+ posts)
(200+ posts)

Post by Russ »

http://user.faktiskt.se/schmutziger/son ... %20Fra.pdf

Some info. about the OD-11.

From page 10 in engl.
lennartj
(150+ posts)
(150+ posts)

Post by lennartj »

Don't try to pre-judge which orientation is best with a pair of OD11.
There are so many factors involved, and I hope your goal is to achieve the most pleasing music reproduction for you and not to fulfill some rule book.
Select a good recording with a lot of spatial information from the recording venue and also (on the same or another) some percussion or other sounds in the highest treble. Rotate the speakers and compare all four positions both from your favourite seat and when walking around in the room. Listen for the most believable perspective reproduction and check that not too much of the treble gets absorbed somewhere before reaching your ears.
The cubic design is very smart, as it looks the same regardless of how you turn it.
I have got some surprises depending on both the front and side walls. :?
if there are furniture - what kind and what height, windows, curtains or door openings.
The placement and amount of carpets make quite a differnce too.

I don't suggest that you should change anything of that, but try all orientations of your OD11!
/Lennart
OA52.2+Isoda mm (vita), OA52.LE under modifiering (vita), 4 st. OB52 (vita), OD-11 B65+CT62 (teak)
starkiller
(30+ posts)
(30+ posts)

Post by starkiller »

Thanks for all the help everyone! Now is the time to try out the different placement ideas and determine which sounds best and hopefully the sound will stay good once everything else is taken care of in the room. A question i do have is the pics of the OD-11 i have found online show a "R" or an "L" next to the serial number, denoting left and right. Mine doesn't have that so....??
12björn
Internationalization Team
Internationalization Team

Post by 12björn »

There is no need to classify OD11 as right or left as right and left are identical, just as in "ordinary speakers". ;)
...man går från oklarhet till oklarhet - det är det som kallas livet...