Sonab OA-4 (mkII) & Visatron TW 70 tweeters?

För er som vill modda och renovera på egen hand.
For those of you who whish to mod and renovate by yourself.
Martin Dellstig
Co-Editor
Co-Editor

Re: Sonab OA-4 (mkII) & Visatron TW 70 tweeters?

Post by Martin Dellstig »

Hi

If you duplicate everything about filter and tweeters from OA-5 the chance for success is rather high...

Best regards

Martin
Jag vet inte, vet du?
iub
(20+ posts)
(20+ posts)

Post by iub »

yes, you think so? even if one of the tweeters will have to have an impedance of 16 Ohm? It certainly would be interesting to try out:D
Martin Dellstig
Co-Editor
Co-Editor

Post by Martin Dellstig »

No No

If you want to have it like OA-5 you'll need 4 tewwters per speakers, all in eight ohms version.
Connected in series paralell.

Best regards

Martin
Jag vet inte, vet du?
iub
(20+ posts)
(20+ posts)

Post by iub »

Ah, thought so! Well, that's out then, I will just wire it like a plain old OA4 then
Villee
(150+ posts)
(150+ posts)

Post by Villee »

And if you are not happy, you can buy additional two eight ohms tweeters. Are you almost ready with your restoration or is it a kind off "forever"-project? : D
Sonab OA-4 II
Sonab OA-6 IIa (med Visaton BG-20 som bas; bass-energizersteg moddade med nya trissorna & bättre kylning)
Philips 22 RH 702 + GA 308 skivspelare
Pioneer CT-F850 kassettdäck
Technics RS-M253 X kassettdäck
Yamaha KX 390 kassettdäck (såld)
Tascam 238 Syncaset 8-kanal kassettdäck
Philips N-4504 rullbandspelare
NAKAMICHI CR-4 kassettdäck
Pioneer SX-700L
Pioneer CD-spelare
Goldring GR 2 skivspelare
iub
(20+ posts)
(20+ posts)

Post by iub »

Haha:) No, i did not intend it to be one, but since I have been moving apartments, and generally been extremely busy lately I haven't had a chance to work on it. I doubt I will get a chance to finish it completely before Christmas, but I will deinitely keep you guys updated as soon as Anything new happens:)
Villee
(150+ posts)
(150+ posts)

Post by Villee »

That´s very often the case, we don´t have time to do things until we are dead and of course then we´re not able to do anything anymore: D Although when having time it´s nice to for example concentrate on to the project and forget all worries: )
Myself I have two projects, first I´m waiting for my Visaton BG20 elements for use as a OA-6 type 2 bass units + some modifications to the bassenergizer. Secondly I have a 1985 Technics M253X super cassette deck at complete restoration (all electrolytic capacitors replaced, etc :geek: ) but it seems to have some inscrutable issues when recording :twisted: :lol:
Have to say that I´m lucky to have enough time to concentrate on my projects whenever I like to, yet.
Sonab OA-4 II
Sonab OA-6 IIa (med Visaton BG-20 som bas; bass-energizersteg moddade med nya trissorna & bättre kylning)
Pioneer SX-700L
Pioneer CD-spelare
iub
(20+ posts)
(20+ posts)

Post by iub »

I have some bad news, I have discovered that one of the 9710 units in my speakers is ruined, any advice, except getting the BG20 as a replacement?

Villee
(150+ posts)
(150+ posts)

Post by Villee »

You can fix that!

Glue some thin rice paper at the back of the cone crack and your problem is solved (recommended is to use glue which remains flexible) . I have done this when I accidentally make a hole to the surround with a screwdriver :oops: .

Your 9710 unit will sound just fine after that, don´t worry! No need to replace it! :)

I have listened BG20 and it doesn´t sound as good as 9710 as mid/bass. BG20 is good as OA-6 type 2 bass element.
Sonab OA-4 II
Pioneer SX-700L
Pioneer CD-spelare
iub
(20+ posts)
(20+ posts)

Post by iub »

phew! I am happy to hear that! I really didn't want to have to replace the 9710 as I hear so many good things about it! I will try the rice paper trick. But could you tell me, how much glue would I need to use? I am guessing wood glue which remains elastic mixed with some water would be fitting, but I am guessing putting too much glue on might make it too heavy or is that not so relevant on the surround?