T-amp

Om du har frågor eller vill prata om HiFi som inte är Carlsson eller Sonab, posta här. Detta inkluderar även hemmabio m.m.
If you have questions or want to talk about other HiFi, not related to Carlsson, post here.
OlleE
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

T-amp

Post by OlleE »

I have just purchased a T-amp. It is a very small and unexpensive amplifier, but it has a great sound. I am using the T-amp together with OA-116 and it sounds just great. Anyone else having any experience with T-amp with Carlsson speakers?

Homepage of the T-amp
http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html
ColesKing
(40+ posts)
(40+ posts)

Post by ColesKing »

A friend of mine loaned me this little T-amp a while back to try out. I too have OA116 (two pairs) and I tested this little amp with the one box. I must admit I was surprised/astounded by what came out tof this little battery-driven amplifier. How things have advanced over time. The Sonabs of course have retained their wonderful character over time.
Challe
(10+ posts)
(10+ posts)

Post by Challe »

We tried my friends OA14 with the T-amp and we was impressed, but only impressed of the chip.
the T-amp was modified with the tweak you find here
http://www.faktiskt.se/modules.php?name ... light=tamp

The box is really junky (but hey, it cost only about 30 USD in the US), the speaker connections quality is really on the "wild side" ;) At 8 Ohms as the OA14 the T-amp only delivers about 6 watts, and the bass was little to weak. But we tried a pair smaller easy powered speakers and wow! the T-amp really turned the world upside down.

Now there is a super T-amp available http://www.t-amp.se/webshop/product_inf ... ucts_id=31
it cost 1600 SEK and I wonder if it possible to switch it to mono mode, take two of those and use it with a preamplifier, anyone here with the right knowledge who can guide me?

BR Challe
Stefan Björklund
(1235+ posts)
(1235+ posts)

Post by Stefan Björklund »

I have litstened to the T-amp with a pair of OA51.3 and it was quite impressive!
CarlssonPlanet Moderator Team Leader

Spelar på Larsen och Carlsson
kvaal
(105+ posts)
(105+ posts)

Post by kvaal »

I have two T-amps wich I have tried with my OD 11. I was impressed with the details (and the price) but unimpressed by the fundament and the bass. It sounds overanalytical, fragmented and does not present the soundstage in a stable way.
OA 4 mk 2, OD 11, OA 12, OA 50.
Verden går videre, den har ikke noe annet sted å gå.
OlleE
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Post by OlleE »

Thank you Challe for the tip about the external condensator. In the picture it looks like a 5000 uF/63V condensator.

I have experimented using a pre-amplifier, to get the convenience of a remote control for the volume. I use the pre-amplifier in a NAD C320BEE. I was not a success. The sound lost in clairity and was dull instead of crisp. I prefer the sound when the CD is directly connected to the T-amp.

I am using fairly stiff cables between the CD-player and the T-amp. It causes the 3,5 mm connector in the T-amp to malfunction, resulting in 50 Hz hum in the speakers. I will try to find a softer connector cable.