OA-14 with wrong woofer :'(

Ställ frågor, diskutera och prata om Sonab och deras produkter.
Ask questions, discuss and talk about Sonab and their products.
oma
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

OA-14 with wrong woofer :'(

Post by oma »

Hej,

Intro:
so i bought a second hand OA-14, i've wanted these mothers for a while (tho really i would love to have 2216, those are just too rare and expensive usually).
Anyway i bought these second handed from similar site as blocket.se (finnish version). Now im actually crying i got these beasts yesterday and immedietaly started crying as someone has done so bad things that you would only think happens in horror movies, he has changed the woofers, and to a really cheap ones.

I think this is a finnish luck as we usually end in second place anyway, silver is not a shame it is a great medal (losers say that way).

After this breakdown i've been checking the hifikit.se for a replacement woofer, and everyday i check the price my heart stops for a second but then i realize this is a must do thing. There is also a problem as im perfectionist to some extend, i would also love to buy new tweeters as i've heard "they are worth it" holy shit with the new woofers i'm already overpaying what i paid for this pair of oa-14.
/ this is the feeling i have at the moment /
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2QFmJ7h0A

And at last now the question:
How do you Sonab and Carlsson lovers would feel and what do you think about these woofers?
And/or should i just buy a second pair of oa-14 and put these mutant which even the mother would abandon at the mercy of wild life of the forrest? (price would be pretty much same, for a new pair with original woofers or the replacements)
And would that official replacement woofer be easy to install, or do i need to be somekind of soldering wizard with higher knowledge of electricity?

These are the woofers at the moment, when i bought these!
VDSSP 6.5" / 8ohm
woofer size: 6.5" • edge: rubber • voice coil: 1.0" • max. power: 250W • impedance: 8 ohm • resonance: 50-7K • sensitivity: 90dB • magnet weight: 20oz / 567g • cone: PP • frequency response: 70Hz
Price of 20 euros (who would dare to do these kind of horrid thing to a defensless senior speaker)
(I meant that those VDSSP 6.5" woofers cost 20 euros)
Last edited by oma on Wed 21 May 2014, 22:50, edited 2 times in total.
nazze
(40+ posts)
(40+ posts)

Re: OA-14 with wrong woofer :'(

Post by nazze »

You did mean 200Euro, right?
Have heard these mid/bas in OD-11. Not OA-14. Very nice :D

http://www.carlssonkult.se/satori.aspx

Anyway some info ;)