OA116 ball casters

Ställ frågor, diskutera och prata om Sonab och deras produkter.
Ask questions, discuss and talk about Sonab and their products.
JoelRiehl
(50+ posts)
(50+ posts)

OA116 ball casters

Post by JoelRiehl »

I recently (2 hours ago) acquired a pair of OA116s off of ebay. In the photos, they were shown with ball casters - which appeared to all be there except for one, which had been replaced with a typical hardware store caster. However, the speakers arrived without any casters. Due to the missing one I had been assuming I would have to replace them anyway. Can anybody tell me the diameter of the stock casters on the OA116?
JoelRiehl
(50+ posts)
(50+ posts)

Re: OA116 ball casters

Post by JoelRiehl »

e-bay seller is sending me the casters, so we'll see what we have when they get here.
JoelRiehl
(50+ posts)
(50+ posts)

Re: OA116 ball casters

Post by JoelRiehl »

Update: I have not received the castors from the original seller yet. I bid on a complete set of 8 castors from Australia on e-bay, but did not win the bid. The seller of those said that the original manufacturer was Kenricks in England. I found these "Shepherd" castors on their website: http://www.kenricks.co.uk/downloads/Retail_Pack.pdf . I believe the originals were probably the 50mm size (but I am guessing from photographs). I have contacted Kenricks. They have not returned 2 e-mails (next stop, telephone). It appears from the link that they sell wholesale, and that the minimum order is one carton of 40 castors. Would it be feasible to commission a run of 40 castors - sufficient to outfit 5 pairs of OA-116s? I'll take 8 of them of course. How many others here are in need? Any possibility of CarlssonPlanet (or hifikit.se or anybody else) taking the other 32 on as stock for sale? No idea the cost since Kenricks haven't deigned to answer my e-mails yet.