Server Move

Här sparas riktigt gamla och inaktuella inlägg som endast bevaras ur "historiesyfte". Observera att inlägg i denna kategori inte dyker upp i sökfunktionen.
Here we archive really old posts - they are only stored for historical purposes. Please note that posts in this category will not show up while searching.
Jonathan
Webmaster
Webmaster

Server Move

Post by Jonathan »

Hello,

I mentioned in my latest announcement after the server compromise incident that we were going to move hosts in "the coming weeks". Well, that has finally happened and we have now successfully moved to a new web host.

It went much smoother than I could ever have imagined, I had planned to spend the entire week out doing this more or less. So chances are that I've forgotten something. Please contact me or post a thread about it if you see something that's awry, any error messages you're getting etc.

We are now being hosted fully in Sweden, all servers are located in Stockholm (previously we've been in Germany and the US). You should all notice faster page loads and just generally the site being snappier and more stable.

Any questions or comments, post them!
Jonathan Gulbrandsen - Webmaster
The Rules | Asking Questions The Smart Way
"There are two ways to write error-free code. Only the third one works."
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Jonathan
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Server Move

Post by Jonathan »

Well, that was perhaps not the greatest thing that could happen just after a server move. :lol: The site was down for ca 35 minutes today between 19:40 and 20:14 GMT+2 due to a problem with the power supply at our host. Below is information about the issue in Swedish from them. In short, they reassured that this specific problem should never happen again.
2009-07-13 20:35: Störningar på en intern strömmatning orsakade ett stopp på knappt en timme på delar av vår miljö.

Sista delen av vår miljö kommer att bli 100% redundant vad gäller el, nätverk m.m., och vi kommer planera in ett nattjobb nu om ett par dagar så inte samma sak skall hända igen.

Beklagar för det inträffade!

2009-07-13 19:45: Jourhavande tekniker har mottagit larm på ett flertal enheter, en tekniker har skickats till hallen och beräknar vara där vid 20:15.
Jonathan Gulbrandsen - Webmaster
The Rules | Asking Questions The Smart Way
"There are two ways to write error-free code. Only the third one works."
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."