Sonab 85S turntable tonearm setup.

Ställ frågor, diskutera och prata om Sonab och deras produkter.
Ask questions, discuss and talk about Sonab and their products.
cinnamongirl
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Sonab 85S turntable tonearm setup.

Post by cinnamongirl »

Hello everyone,
I have received this turntable from my uncle.
I am having problems setting up the tonearm properly.I am having problems with skating and weight.
I have downloaded the manual but it is in Swedish only.
Is there anyone who can explain to me in English how to set up the tonearm accurately?
Thank you.
ilkka313
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Re: Sonab 85S turntable tonearm setup.

Post by ilkka313 »

Hello!

I bought the very same player for 15 euros. After replacing the belt and cartridge it sounds very good indeed! Balancing the tonearm is done the same way like all other similar players; adjust it to horisontal position by turning the weight, then turn weight ring only to 0 position. Then turn the whole weight along with weight ring to 1,5 - 2 grams and it's done. Antiscate is more or less factory adjusted for similar stylus weight, but it can be custom adjusted, check this:

http://www.vinylengine.com/phpBB2/viewt ... c&start=15
ilkka313
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Re: Sonab 85S turntable tonearm setup.

Post by ilkka313 »

Hello!

I bought the very same player for 15 euros. After replacing the belt and cartridge it sounds very good indeed! Balancing the tonearm is done the same way like all other similar players; adjust it to horisontal position by turning the weight, then turn weight ring only to 0 position. Then turn the whole weight along with weight ring to 1,5 - 2 grams and it's done. Antiscate is more or less factory adjusted for similar stylus weight, but it can be custom adjusted, check this:

http://www.vinylengine.com/phpBB2/viewt ... c&start=15