OA-2212

Ställ frågor, diskutera och prata om Sonab och deras produkter.
Ask questions, discuss and talk about Sonab and their products.
westwind
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

OA-2212

Post by westwind »

I just purchased a pair of rosewood OA-2212's. I refoamed the woofers & Mids. After a quick wipedown of Howard's restor a finish, they look... stunning. The veneer is mint. The crossovers are all within spec and need nothing. They sound awesome.

Q: Any idea what the current market value (USD) might be? After reading CarlssonKult, I'm not inclined to do anything to them (other than to enjoy them) but I would love to hear any opinions on upgrading, modifications, etc.

Thanks,
Westwind
STDI!
(515+ posts)
(515+ posts)

Re: OA-2212

Post by STDI! »

There are no necessary upgrades to do. Stig Carlsson himself suggested some changes. You can read about them here: http://carlssonkult.se/OA2212.aspx. Unfortunately only in Swedish. Look for the paragraph "Uppdateringar" and use Google translation.

I couldn't detect any obvious improvement. But of course it's good to know that you have done all you can. Or just enjoy.
Last edited by STDI! on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.
OD-11(T22+B65OAII), 3xOA12(T22+B65OAII), OA52.N, 3xL8, SC6, SC6.2
Martin Dellstig
Co-Editor
Co-Editor

Post by Martin Dellstig »

Hi

Congrats on a very nice pair of speakers!

My first tip for all is to always start with only a restoration of the speakers and then take a period to get to know them.
Since you say all is in good order just enjoy them for a while.

After a period of time you can consider upgrading - or not.

For the OA-2212 the cost is rather large for upgrading since you have two woofers, two mid-ranges and twelve tweeters per speaker.

Regarding the value it is hard to say about prices in other countries especially since it is not a common speaker.
That said I know people who have paid between 15000 and 25000 SEK here in Sweden for restored speakers. (1 USD = 8,7 SEK).

Just enjoy your speakers for a while Before doing anything.

If later on you are interested in upgrading new official drivers and filter-components are available from www.hifikit.se
Just type Carlsson in the search-box and you'll find all the drivers and filter-components etc.
Page is in Swedish but they do business abroad.

Best regards

Martin
Jag vet inte, vet du?
westwind
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Post by westwind »

I just purchased a pair of rosewood OA-2212's. I refoamed the woofers & Mids. After a quick wipedown of Howard's restor a finish, they look... stunning. The veneer is mint. The crossovers are all within spec and need nothing. They sound awesome.

Q: Any idea what the current market value (USD) might be? After reading CarlssonKult, I'm not inclined to do anything to them (other than to enjoy them) but I would love to hear any opinions on upgrading, modifications, etc.

Thanks,
Westwind

Thanks Guys!
Martin Dellstig
Co-Editor
Co-Editor

Post by Martin Dellstig »

Hi

As I said the price is difficult to set but in Sweden i know people who have paid 15000 - 25000 SEK ( approx 1725 up to 2875 USD).

The speakers have a good value.
The problem question is if you can find a buyer who knows what it is and what it's worth.
That depends on where you live and how the local market looks.

Sorry for not beimg able to give you a better answer but not knowing where you and speakers are makes it difficult to even hint what the value is.

I know speakers were sold in UK, US, Australia etc so in the countries where they were sold there is a market of some sort.

Best regards

Martin
Jag vet inte, vet du?
westwind
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Post by westwind »

Thanks for the comments Guys.
BTW, I'm in Southern California, USA

Thanks,
Westwind

Thanks Guys!