new to forum and looking for advice

Ställ frågor, diskutera och prata om Sonab och deras produkter.
Ask questions, discuss and talk about Sonab and their products.
blue moon bat
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

new to forum and looking for advice

Post by blue moon bat »

Greetings from the U.S. My name is Patrick and I have a few questions for you guys if you don't mind helping. I have a pair of OA 14's and and a pair of OA 4's. The OA 14's I plan to sell but keeping the OA 4's. I've been a part of this forum a few years ago and it's not very user friendly in the sense of the admins helping and I hope that changes lest Stigg return one day and see the folly of it. :) j/k but seriously forum needs work to welcome people from all over world and replies to emails. Thanks.
I consider my Sonabs my special speakers and hate to sell the one pair. I used the recommended Silver Flute woofers to replace the original sonab ones in my oa 14's based on the frequency slope. I'd appreciate finding a good home for them but havn't the slightest idea what a fair price would be. I see ones in horrible shape on e-bay selling for 500 bucks or more. Does this website allow for pics to be uploaded when i decide to sell them soon?
I had originally thought I had more specifics and more to say but I don't know proper part of forum to post in being i can't find it in English.
Thanks for any comments.
carlzone
(125+ posts)
(125+ posts)

Re: new to forum and looking for advice

Post by carlzone »

Hi there carlsson fellow and welcome.
I agree with your experience of what this forum sadly has become.
Once it was great and alive, now it's as silent as the dark side of the moon.
I think you should keep your oa-14 which are far better than your oa-4.
The silver flutes are perhaps not so good in the upper mids but still better than nothing at its low price.
Nevertheless they work really well in the lowest regions.
I hope you dont give up because of the low activity here.
Avregistrerad på egen begäran!
12björn
Internationalization Team

Post by 12björn »

I do agree that the activity here is very low. CarlssonPlanet is solely run by volunteers and ads are för funding host.

First years the interest and activity was much higher because many of us wanted to know how to treat and restore our Carlsson speakers. It also was nice to get in contact with other Carlsson owners and compare our experiences and also different speakers. But now early users have much less need of this Forum, and there are few newcomers.

After some controversy a number of CarlssonPlanet users decided to move to http://www.faktiskt.se . Giving the advice to go there to find the information you need is sad, because it will make activity here even lower. But what's the alternative? :cry:

Björn
...man går från oklarhet till oklarhet - det är det som kallas livet...
Jonathan
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Jonathan »

12björn wrote:CarlssonPlanet is solely run by volunteers and ads are för funding host.
I just want to point out that since the re-release of CarlssonPlanet, one of the news is that there is no longer any ads. :)
Jonathan Gulbrandsen - Webmaster
The Rules | Asking Questions The Smart Way
"There are two ways to write error-free code. Only the third one works."
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
12björn

Post by 12björn »

:oops: Using Adblock Plus so I didn't notice.

Björn
...man går från oklarhet till oklarhet - det är det som kallas livet...