Restoration Help OD-11 and OA-12

För er som vill modda och renovera på egen hand.
For those of you who whish to mod and renovate by yourself.
Nucities
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Restoration Help OD-11 and OA-12

Post by Nucities »

This board seems a little quiet but I'm hoping somebody will read this and help me out.

I have a pair of OD-11s that I've had for years. I had them redone years ago before I had any idea how to properly restore them. Fortunately the tweeters still work great and are original. The woofer was professionally replaced but probably not with the best match.

Additionally, I just picked up a pair of OA-12s. They look to be in great shape cosmetically but need some work. The woofer in these appears to have been replaced with something intended for a car speaker...looks awful sounds ok.

I'd like to restore both and had a few questions. I've searched the site and some of the information seems to be outdated. For example the links on the restoration tab no longer appear to have sources for the peerless woofer and tweeter recommended, it could a problem with trying to use the online translator ....anyway

1. Are the woofer and tweeters for theses two speakers (OA-12 and OA-11) interchangeable?

2. Are the peerless woofer and tweeter reccomended on this site still available? If so where? If not, what are the best substitutes and where can I get them? Silver Flute?

3. The OA-12s are missing their rubber feet. There is mention on the restoration tab that they can be made or a good alternative is available. Where?

Lots of questions ....thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I love these old Sonabs and would like to keep them kicking for another 40 years.
Russ
(200+ posts)
(200+ posts)

Re: Restoration Help OD-11 and OA-12

Post by Russ »

Hi,

Try this site: http://www.carlssonkult.se/
Nucities
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Post by Nucities »

There is lot of information available on line so I'm surprised I haven't been able to find all the answers yet

The OA-12s have (2) original 16 ohm tweeters. The restoration link says that these can be replaced without modification to the crossover with the CT-62. However, it appears that the CT-62 only came in a 8 ohm? So does that mean I can replace a 16 ohm tweeter with a 8 ohm tweeter without modification to the crossover? That seems unlikely? Did the CT-62 come in a 16 ohm version?
STDI!
(515+ posts)
(515+ posts)

Post by STDI! »

carlssonplanet.com wrote:3. They are available in the specified impedances 8 and 16 Ohms.
That text is about CT62 and they are not available anymore.
If the original MT20 16 ohms are missing or not working the "modern" solution is T22 with new filters. You can read about i here: http://carlssonkult.se/OA12.aspx

The woofer in OD11 and OA12 are interchangeable. Unless you have, or can find restored original elements the normal solution is B65OA II (Peerless 830939). You find it here: http://www.hifikit.se/hogtalarelement/h ... a-ii-8-ohm. It's not available at the moment, but they say it will be soon.

If the rubber feet are missing you can use a piece of black rubber hose in correct dimension.
carlssonplanet.com wrote:Försvunna/förkomna fötter ersätts av avklippt bensinslang i hårdgummi.
OD-11(T22+B65OAII), 3xOA12(T22+B65OAII), OA52.N, 3xL8, SC6, SC6.2
Nucities
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Post by Nucities »

STDI! wrote:
carlssonplanet.com wrote:3. They are available in the specified impedances 8 and 16 Ohms.
That text is about CT62 and they are not available anymore.
If the original MT20 16 ohms are missing or not working the "modern" solution is T22 with new filters. You can read about i here: http://carlssonkult.se/OA12.aspx

The woofer in OD11 and OA12 are interchangeable. Unless you have, or can find restored original elements the normal solution is B65OA II (Peerless 830939). You find it here: http://www.hifikit.se/hogtalarelement/h ... a-ii-8-ohm. It's not available at the moment, but they say it will be soon.

If the rubber feet are missing you can use a piece of black rubber hose in correct dimension.
carlssonplanet.com wrote:Försvunna/förkomna fötter ersätts av avklippt bensinslang i hårdgummi.
Thank you very much!
Martin Dellstig
Co-Editor
Co-Editor

Post by Martin Dellstig »

Hi

Petrol-hose can be found in a fitting dimension and is usable as replacement for missing feet.

Hifikit is the designated dealer for replacement drivers. See www.hifikit.se

Just type "Carlsson" in the search-box and you will find all drivers, filters, filtercomponent and other usable parts.

The people at Hifikit are used to handling orders from all over the world.
Woofers are presently out of stock but are expected to be back on March 21st.

Good luck with the restoration of your speakers.

Best regards

Martin
Jag vet inte, vet du?
array
(15+ posts)
(15+ posts)

Post by array »

Hello, if you are looking for new drop-in replacement tweeters (8ohm variety) I have some. Several others have updated their SONABS with these with complete sonic and performance satisfaction. Contact me through PM if interested...tnxs
STDI!
(515+ posts)
(515+ posts)

Post by STDI! »

array wrote:Hello, if you are looking for new drop-in replacement tweeters (8ohm variety) I have some. Several others have updated their SONABS with these with complete sonic and performance satisfaction. Contact me through PM if interested...tnxs
What make are these tweeters?
OD-11(T22+B65OAII), 3xOA12(T22+B65OAII), OA52.N, 3xL8, SC6, SC6.2
array
(15+ posts)
(15+ posts)

Post by array »

Hello ST, these are the ones: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4353&p=22523#p22523