Larson speakers

Om du har frågor eller vill prata om HiFi som inte är Carlsson eller Sonab, posta här. Detta inkluderar även hemmabio m.m.
If you have questions or want to talk about other HiFi, not related to Carlsson, post here.
jevhaere
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

Larson speakers

Post by jevhaere »

Dear everyone,

I have a random question and I hoped one of you could give me the anwser. A few weeks ago, I purchased a LARSON speaker, but I do not find any information about it online. As I bought it at a second-hands, I have no clue how old it is, who made it,... I do not know if this is the right forum for this, but I thougt I would give it a try.

My apologies for speaking English, I'm from Belgium. Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Jesse
https://photos.app.goo.gl/U4X0IunEo96GqTCn1
momus
(515+ posts)
(515+ posts)

Re: Larson speakers

Post by momus »

Well you came to the right place. The Larson speaker is in fact an offspring of a Stig Carlsson speaker. Which model did you buy?
STDI!
(515+ posts)
(515+ posts)

Post by STDI! »

momus wrote:Well you came to the right place. The Larson speaker is in fact an offspring of a Stig Carlsson speaker. Which model did you buy?
I guess you (momus) are thinking of Larsen. That's a modern offspring of Carlsson.
Larson is an old Swedish producer.
See viewtopic.php?t=5479
or viewtopic.php?t=1643

Google "larson pyramid" and you will find more information.
OD-11(T22+B65OAII), 3xOA12(T22+B65OAII), OA52.N, 3xL8, SC6, SC6.2
momus
(515+ posts)
(515+ posts)

Post by momus »

Sorry. One syllable wrong. Took the name from the writing of jevhaere. I know of the Larsen speakers.
Rolf Zetterberg
(150+ posts)
(150+ posts)

Post by Rolf Zetterberg »

Probably Larson L-90.
Has a Seas twin cone woofer(21TV-xx?)and a Seas 9TV-hf tweeter.The front is fastened with nails,but it's possible to pry it off.There should be a label on the back,but it often comes loose and no-one seems able to glue it back.Must be a hard job to fetch some glue....
momus
(515+ posts)
(515+ posts)

Post by momus »

Well this speaker has nothing to do with Stig Carlsson and is no offspring to his speakers. Larson and Larsen is very different. Now I understand the comment from STDI!. I´ve forgot the Larson speaker. Sorry for the misunderstanding.