about a few things

Öppen kategori för diskussion av i princip vad som helst, så länge den håller sig till reglerna.
Open discussion about almost anything, as long as it stays within the rules.
audio newbie
(1+ posts)
(1+ posts)

about a few things

Post by audio newbie »

I spent hours trying to find an English/Swedish translator. I have sent e-mails in once a month approx. One person was kind enough to contact me. I have more Sonab speakers than i know what to do with. I've been looking for parts to finish projects but i get no response. I tried to buy a pair of oa-12 cabinets from the ' audioproz.com' and the guy named Vince did his best to try and downplay the Sonab design of all there speakers. I listened to the guy as he ranted for 20 minutes at end saying i hope i educated you. I was neutral to extreme in conversation (the few times i could speak) .
Ultimately he said i can sell you the oa-12 cabinets in good condition but the sonab line is junk.
After 20 minutes of listening to him he said someone was trying to buy them but he'd let me know.
Yes I am a bit upset, but i figure maybe the guy had a bad day and took it out on me.
Beware if you call and talk to him mentioning sonabs , almost comical but no way for someone trying to build a business to behave. You can hear the guy 'vince' on u-tube . The fellow knows alot about audio, but is one of those close minded proffessing type of person. I hope the guy finds peace in his mind.
This message is not meant to cause problems, only to reflect what happened to me.
he still has those oa-12s listed on site. God help anyone that calls him about them.
This is my experience and is only meant as my view about that person.
This has been a grim letter i know, i'll have some good positive things on other subjects to share another time.
( he really lays it on thick in the u-tube videos ) just wait till you talk to him. i guess i am a bit upset, but i try to let people know about jerks. i'm only human as well.
If this letter is innapropriate i'm sorry. i'm just being me.

this is edit. I Allowed my emotions to get involved in what i said. Although I do stand by the truth I wrote.
Thanks for replies, I will try that
Last edited by audio newbie on Fri 15 Feb 2008, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Valued Contributor

Re: about a few things

Post by Daniel »

Chances are that you'll have better luck finding replacement parts by posting what you're looking for on this forum instead. Most members are Swedes, but most do speak English as well. I'm sorry to say I don't know of any useful online translator. However, if you've got specific questions about the Sonab speakers I'm sure somone will take his time to answer them in English for you.
Elektrofon Tonträff (vit)
OA-5K typ 1 (valnöt)
OA-6 typ 2 (teak)
OA-14 (svarta)
paa
(10+ posts)
(10+ posts)

Re: about a few things

Post by paa »

audio newbie wrote:I spent hours trying to find an English/Swedish translator.
This one can translate somewhat: http://www.stars21.com/index.html?pname=latin1n
This online lexicon is good though:
http://lexin.nada.kth.se/swe-eng.html

But as already said, just write in english, and you'r AOK!