Hello there and a warm welcome to this new and improved fresh version of CarlssonPlanet!
It was over 10 years ago since CarlssonPlanet last changed it’s look n’ feel, so it felt more than overdue! Some of the changes are listed below. Error can have occurred during the migration to the new platform, we would very much appreciate it if you would inform us of any issues you encounter.
If you have feedback on the new site we would gladly accept it of course!
- Mobile/tablet friendly design, now CarlssonPlanet looks good from any device you visit us from!
- Integration between the forums and the rest of the site – if you are registered at the forums you will be logged in throughout the rest of the website and can use that to comment on pages/articles and so on.
- Comment section under all pages
- Brand new functionality for downloadable files, easy to search and find in our archive of Carlsson-related brochures, articles, texts, manuals and so on. We will easily be able to update and expand this archive and would more than happily accept your contributions! Contact us in that case if you have material that you think should be available on the site.
- The biggest news can actually be found in the “back end” – so in the background platform driving the site – it’s now using the latest technology and software and we will now in a completley different way be able to stay on top of the latest technological advancements without it taking too much of our time, by the fact that we are using well-known and established software that are being updated regularly. A part of this is also that the site should be snappier than before!
- No ads. We’ve removed all ads from the entire site. The site still costs money to run, so if you want to contribute with something you are of course more than welcome to do so, it would be very appreciated of course!
Features that are missing/aren’t complete
There are some things with the launch of this new site that hasn’t yet been fixed from the old site:
- The photo album feature on the forums have been affected, we have unfortunatley been forced to leave behind a lot of the metadata (but none of the pictures) while migrating to this new modern platform. Please read the separate post about this, which in detail describes what has happened and how to find the old album.
- The newsletters aren’t sorted by date order. However you can easily search among the newsletters and in that way find your way!
- There may still be links on some pages that haven’t been updated to point to our new URLs (addresses) and therefore won’t work. Please report this to us in that case! Use the button that you can find at the bottom of each page, “Report problem”.